PLEASE read the FAQ page describing the work and Artists we WILL and WILL NOT consign.
We will not take walk-in submissions. (Please do not stop by or call to ask about bringing in a piece prior to us confirming we want the artwork.) We only take EMAIL SUBMISSIONS with the following:
1. Photographs are REQUIRED for ALL consignment submissions.
2. Full information is REQUIRED for ALL consignment submissions. Please include the following information about the piece(s):
Size (if framed, please only measure the artwork's image area)
3. Submit your digital images and the list of artwork information via email.
No email? Feel free to mail us a snapshot or two and please don't forget to include the list of information above in your submission. Provide your contact information and let us know if you need the photos returned - we will be happy to return all items received, but only if you ask for the return.
Mail submissions to:
625 1st Ave #200
Seattle, WA 98104
Again, please save us both time by FIRST reading the FAQ page that describes the type of work we seek as well as the type of work and Artists we DO NOT sell at here.
Below is the full text of our consignment contract:
Until artworks sell, we are partners. Our mutual interest is to sell your artworks. Our success depends on our agreement of the following:
1. Ownership: Consignor owns artwork until sold.
2. Pricing: We will work together to find a fair price range for your artworks. Once a price or price range is established the work will sell within that range - All realistic offers will be presented to Consignor. There will be no surprises and the consignor retains control.
3. Display: Every effort is made to display and promote the artwork (both in the gallery and on the website), but we cannot guarantee any specific display placement. Due to the effort in promotion, we ask that you not list your consigned works for sale elsewhere (eBay, Pacific Galleries, other art galleries, etc.) until the end of the consignment period or with at least 30 days notice.
4. Commission: ArtREsource’s fee is 35% of the final sale price.
5. Payments: A commission check will be sent to Consignor within thirty (30) days of our receipt of payment in full. If applicable, any outstanding expenses requested or agreed to by Consignor (transport costs, professional photography, re-framing, replacing glass, etc.) shall be subtracted from net commission prior to payment.
6. Consignment Period: Length of consignment is six (6) months (unless contracted end date is marked “OPEN” in the Consignment Period section). If artwork has not sold by the end of the consignment period, ArtREsource will ask Consignor to reclaim the artwork, unless an extension or other arrangements were made. If artwork marked for pickup remains in ArtREsource’s storage longer than thirty (30) days after receiving notice that your consignment is over, a recurring storage and insurance fee of $60/month may be charged. If charged this fee will be due and payable at time of retrieval. Owner may cancel this contract at any time with two day’s notice and if there is no pending sale. If a sale is pending, we ask the Consignor the courtesy of allowing us closure (either a sale or no sale) on the transaction.
7. Insurance: ArtREsource suggests Consignor maintain insurance on artwork consigned. ArtREsource’s insurance only covers items only against damage caused by an employee while on our premises. Damage by a visitor or a natural disaster or theft are not covered by our insurance. Please be sure your homeowner’s insurance has enough replacement coverage for all artwork you own.
8. Transport: Any art moving, delivery service or shipping costs to or from ArtREsource are the Consignor’s responsibility.
We uphold our legal right to refuse to give professional consideration to any consignor or work of art that we consider may indicate an illegality or be harmful to reputation or ethic, including receipt of misinformation or consignor deception of any kind. Again, we will not be held liable in any way if misinformation or deception presented to us at the time of consignment is revealed to the new owner or Seattle ArtREsource after a sale has been completed and the prior owner/consignor has been paid in full.
Search our site for a specific term or artist - a NEW window will open with the results: